6 pac

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

New Year's Eve in Arizona with the Robots

Cooperstown was alive New Years Eve. Yep, the robots were at it again in Phoenix. This time Alice outdid himself. The celebrities were abundant for the bash.

Rumor has it that all monies Alice brought in last night will go to charity.

Among the performers; Megadeth, Scorpians, Judas Priest, Robbie and the Rockin Robots and Stevie Nicks. Sam Moore, also played a few tunes. You might remember Sam from his fifties and sixties music.

David Spade, performer on Saturday Night Live was sitting with Judas Priest before their performance. (I understand he had some of his relatives in from out of town and he left as soon as the band finished their part of the show.)

Tiger Woods was seen talking to Alice during intermission. Everybody was in shock seeing Tiger as he has had his life ripped apart in the tabloids as of late.

Tiger does have some great friends though and rumor has it Charles Barclay and Michael Jordan persuaded Tiger to attend. The bringing in of a new year must have been too tempting to pass up for Tiger. Even though he seemed a bit reluctant at first, by the end of the night, he seemed to be having a good time with his 'TRUE FRIENDS' in Phoenix. (Accenture, eat your heart out!)

I bet it didn't hurt that Scottsdale, Arizona has some wonderful golf courses......... (that may have been the main draw for Tiger in the beginning.)

I must admit there are perks that go along with the reporter's pass I have. I got to meet all the famous people and it brought joy to my heart to see some of Phoenix's past heros attending from out of town.

Curt Shilling, his wife and Randy Johnson were there for a short while. I stopped by their table and introduced myself and the guys must not have been listening as they handed over napkins with their autographs to me before I was able to get out that I was 'the chosen' reporter for the night.

Robbie and the Robots was the opening act and from everything I've heard so far, they made quite an impression. I understand Alice asked his own manager to take a look at the group. Alice seemed to think the Robots may be star material and just what society needs in the tense financial environment of the millinium.

In all the craziness I had forgotten to get reservations for the Robots and had to quickly duck out of the party and call around. I was finally able to make last minute reservations at Mountain Shadows Resort for the bots. I would have had them stay at my daughter's place, but for publicity reasons Alice suggested they stay in Scottsdalye at one of the resorts.

From the short conversation I had with HaleyBot, I undersoot the opening act that Alice had booked cancelled at the last minute. He called Stevie Nicks, who in turn contacted Goldie, and Goldie was able to pull it all together for the Robots first public appearance.

Alice's only requirement for the opening act was that they play three or four songs. I guess the robots got by with the three they had been rehearsing over the last few weeks. I understand that Robbie and Golda had written a new song together and it was the hit of their performance.

I was almost late for the 'Rockin Robots' debut as I was unprepared for the chaos surrounding the show. Candy had to squeeze me in at the last minute to comb out my hair. I ended up calling her at home hoping for mercy and sure enough she agreed, because of the situation to meet me at her salon and do a quick color and set.

What a gem she is always willing to work around my schedule. (It didn't hurt one bit when I gave her a free pass to the New Year's Eve show at Coopertown.) She even worked me in at the manicurist next door. I surely have to remember to give her a big tip all the way around this year. (I'll put a quick note to myself on Twitter to do that.)

I can't wait to see the article in the Arizona Republic today. As soon as I wrap up this report, I will run over to the news stand and pick up a copy.

If I know Alice, the party will be headline news in the entertainment section. I met the reporter at the party that does the stories for the Republic and I did see one cameraman taking photos. (I could be wrong though that he was the Republic reporter as I saw something referring to 'The Bird'???)

Robbie and Golda were outstanding last night singing their duet. R2INU was center stage for the second song. He and Robbie have been collaborating for quite some time on it. Scoot over Ringo Star, R2 is headed for stardom.

The third and final tune was sung by Goldie. The song was dedicated to everone affected by the September 11 tragedy. (Can you believe this year it will be 9 years?) I must say I didn't see a dry face in the crown when she finished.)

The performance, not only was superb, Goldie's introduction was beautiful. She had written the song about the event and it seemed to touch everyone. (I'll email Goldie today at the resort and see if she'll email me the lyrics and I'll post them in my next report.)

That's a wrap for now and I want to take this time to wish all of our 'Hippie Chick and the International Scattered Brains' membership a very Happy New Years.

Signing off for now,

Your RockinRobotReporter


PS
BTW, we're thinking of having the '6 Pack' be the 9/11 Was An Inside Job........... mascots

..........to be continued

No comments: